- A dedicated, reliable connection to the Internet consisting of at least a 128 Kbps modem or faster; a broadband connection is preferred.
- A PC running Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 with the operating system's minimum requirements for processor, memory, and hard drive (see the Microsoft website for minimum requirements)
- 1 GB RAM or more (recommended)
- Sound card and speakers
- 1024 x 768 monitor with a 16-bit or greater video card (24-bit preferred)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or a more recent version or Firefox 3.5 or a more recent version
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.0 or a more recent version (downloaded from the Internet)
Adobe® Flash® Player
- You will need the free Adobe® Flash® Player, which allows you to access your live classrooms. Download the plug-in from the Adobe® website.
- Adobe® Reader® 9.0 or a more recent version (downloaded from the Internet)
- You will occasionally need the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader plug-in, which allows you to read Acrobat® (PDF) files.
- If you already have Acrobat® Reader®, you should see it open up when you click on the PDF Sample.
- If Acrobat® Reader® does not load automatically, you may need to download the plug-in from the Adobe® website.